Somali Minister of Education Abdullahi Godah Barre today appointed a National Higher Education Commission.
The commission is made up of five members – a chairperson, secretary-general and three members.
However, the minister has not stated the role of the newly-appointed commission, saying he will do so at a later date.
Ministers, lawmakers, academics and other officials attended the meeting where the new commission’s members were announced.
The following are the members of the commission:
- Dr Mohamed F. Good – Chairman
- Amina Mohamed Abukar – Secretary-General
- Aweys Omar Mohamud – Member
- Ahmed Mohamud Ahmed –Member
- Abdulhakim Abdullahi Muhumed – Member