Al Shabab claims responsibility for car bomb that killed 4

Al Shabab militant group Al Shabab has claimed responsibility for the mid morning attack in Central Mogadishu.

In a statement later on Thursday, the group said the car bomb blast was planned and executed by the it’s elements.

People present at the street of the blast termed it “loud and heavy.”

“The blast was demeaning and it smashed cars and destroyed buildings,” Yassin Omar, motorcycle operator said.

Earlier this month, at least 20 people died in an attack in Mogadishu which saw Al Shabab battling security forces for nearly 24 hours.

Comments